- Try to use pure skin products. Why? 60% of what you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream.
- Try not to skip meals. Why? It slows metabolism so you could put on weight; and causes a dip in blood glucose levels, leading to fatigue.
- Buy organic vegetable juice to have daily or get a juicer. Why? It alkalises your body, making you less susceptible to disease.
- Drink at least 1.5L water daily. Why? It transports the toxins removed by your liver out of your body.
- Have enough zinc. Why? It boosts your immune system. It’s found in oysters, red meat, poultry, nuts and seeds; or take zinc tablets.
- Cut out dairy products if you are prone to headaches, fatigue, bad skin, bad wind or nose and throat congestion. Why? You may notice a difference in your health, if you cut it out for a month to see.
- Take omega 3 capsules. Why? Liquid engineering for the human body and very anti-inflammatory.
- Keep stress levels down by exercising (even a brisk walk) and taking a mild herbal sedative, which won’t make you drowsy. Why? High stress levels can impact your immunity and leave you open to infection. How many times have you gone down with an infection after a period of stress?
- Try not to eat late at night. Why? You will not have time to digest your dinner, which can lead to indigestion, acid reflux and poor quality of sleep. Also, you will be more likely to lay it down as fat on your body.
- Boost your liver function with beetroot juice. Why? Your liver is your filter and needs to be maintained like any other filter in cars, washing machines, dishwashers etc. It will boost your energy and get rid of that sluggish feeling.
- Deborah Grant BSc(Hons)
Consultant Medical Herbalist
Categories: Health Matters