GEOGRAPHY & MISCELLANEOUS
1. Christiana is the former name of which European city?
2. What is the name of the ancient city, carved out of red rock in Jordan?
3. The Yucatan Channel separates which two countries?
4. Worcestershire is surrounded by six counties: West Midlands, Shropshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Warwickshire and which other?
5. In which US state is Kansas City?
6. Of which US state is Boise the capital?
7. Carrots were originally purple, red, white, yellow, or black. Who started cultivating orange ones and why?
8. The Dickin Medal, bearing the words; “We also serve” and “For Gallantry” is awarded to which members of the armed forces in the UK?
9. Who was the cow in The Magic Roundabout?
10. Which First Lady’s memoir is called “Becoming”?
FOOD AND DRINK & THE HUMAN BODY
1. What does the Scoville Unit measure?
2. Which restaurant won the first Michelin Star in UK?
3. Which is used in Glamorgan sausages?
4. Which citrus fruit is used in Earl Grey tea and eau de Cologne?
5. Which spirits name derives from a Dutch word that means burnt wine?
6. What is the common name for the scapula?
7. In the human body, which gland secretes a hormone which governs growth?
8. A Snellen chart is used to test what?
9. Where would you find the islets of Langerhans?
10. How many bones are there in the foot?
HISTORY & NATURE
1. What drink did pharmacist John S. Pemberton invent in 1886?
2. On which mountain is it said Noah’s Ark came to rest?
3. Who was the last monarch of the House of Stuart?
4. Who was King Philip of Macedon’s son, who succeeded him in 336BC?
5. In which war did Florence Nightingale come to prominence?
6. What species of bear is Paddington Bear?
7. Which tree do we get turpentine from?
8. How many claws
does a house cat have?
9. Which infectious disease has a name derived from the Latin for `bad air`?
10. What is the only animal which, for both genders, is born with horns on its forehead?
TV AND ENTERTAINMENT
1. Why did Charles and Diana Ingram and Tecwen Whittock become famous on TV in
2. Who wrote Islands in the Stream, a hit for Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton in 1982?
3. In the Peanuts cartoon, who is Charlie Brown in love with?
4. Which family did David, Keanu, Ronan Best join in 1999?
5. In Dad’s Army what is Pike’s first name?
6. Which 1979 film and set in London and Brighton is based on a rock album?
7. Who played James Bond immediately before Daniel Craig?
8. Who played Thelma in “Thelma and Louise”?
9. Who wrote the TV series “Killing Eve”?
10. In which year did Channel Four start broadcasting?
Answers below (so no cheating)
Geography & Miscellaneous
3.Cuba and Mexico
7.The Dutch – in honour of King William of Orange.
Food and Drink & The Human Body
6.The shoulder blade
History & Nature
4.Alexander the Great
5.The Crimean War
6.Spectacled bear 7.Pine
TV and Entertainment
1. They cheated on “Who Wants to be a Milllionaire?”
2. The Bee Gees Barry, Maurice and Robin Gibb
3.The little red-haired girl
4. The Royle Family
7. Pierce Brosnan
8. Geena Davis
9. Phoebe Waller-Bridge